A friend's son works in one of the Ealing clubs, he was severely attacked by some East Europeans who had been ejected from the club earlier. He ended up with his front teeth in the palm of his hand and needing £7,000 worth of dental treatment. The police had to ask him to obtain any video recordings which may have been captured on CCTV, presumably because they were not allowed direct access themselves. The camera had unfortunately been looking in a different direction but I find it incredulous that the police do not have free and ready access to such CCTV information, in fact I think all the councils CCTV should be readily available on the web. Infringement of peoples privacy? No, I don't think so, I can go to traffic and surveillance CCTV sites all over the country on the web, so why not Ealing. If the general public could see what a privileged few can see, perhaps the yobbish element of our society would be less yobbish. (Warning, irony starts now). "If motorists could see the extreme danger they are putting the public into and the chaos they are causing to the public transport system they would be more considerate in dropping people off for the station and that the council are not using CCTV as a cash cow."
Peter Wright ● 6933d