There was definitely a legal dispute between Daniel family and Crest Nicholson. Apparently the ceiling height on the ground floor intended for retail use were not built to spec, the ceiling height was too low. Daniel were seeking damages, aggravated by the fact that they could no longer dispose of the site at an inflated price to some supermarket chain, because the lower ceiling height precluded it for use in food retailing. However, since the original planning permission was granted on the basis of a commitment by Daniel that they were going to move back in (and carefully crafted restrictions on the approval precluded the site being used for food retailing or broken up into smaller units), that seemed a bit rich!I understand it was settled out of court, but I don't know how - any other posters know?I've heard the rumours about the site being a potential super-surgery, which doesn't sound too bad an idea from a local resident's perspective.
Robin Hall ● 6926d