DVLA Online
For the past 2 years, I've renewed my car tax online and was really impressed at how easy it is (compared to the old way of queueing at the post office).One thing I've been putting off is exchanging my old paper driving licence for a plastic card. The paper version is in very poor condtion but the procedure to get the card is very laborious (forms, passport, photos all needed to be sent in). Not now. I clicked a link on the DVLA page today and 5mins later - done! They check identity/photo against the passport office and all I need to do is send in my cut up old licence and just one photo with a signature. Couldnt be easier.I know there's been a lot of bad press lately about the amount of information held on us on databases but for a lazy sod like me, it's all good...and no..I dont work for DVLA or any govt. agency..lol
David Archer ● 6889d12 Comments