Pest control - any advice?
After hearing strange scrabbling noises late at night for the past few weeks, last night I finally came face to face with one of my tormentors! I'm no expert on these little critters but, in the blink of an eye, I think it was a mouse rather than a rat. Either way, I was a little less sympathetic to his existence this morning when I discovered my breakfast had become his! Also a few droppings lying around to be trodden in barefoot only increased my Monday morning 'joie de vivre'! I have noticed my flat has several 'air-bricks' on the exterior, presumably providing easy access to the area below my floorboards, blocking these up may help but it's a little too late for that I feel. Has anyone recently had to deal with getting rid of rodents, humanely or otherwise? I'd prefer to get some traps and release the critters outside, but living in Northfields, I'm sure that soon enough they'd just become someone else's problem. Anyone have any experience of LBE's pest control services? Apparently it's £60, which doesn't sound unreasonable, but requires three home visits, which may cause problems with getting time off work. Any other suggestions? A cat is unfortunately not an option! Thanks
Philip Slater ● 6885d23 Comments