Lynn said:"Hasn't the News been gloomy for the last few days? Fuel price rises, food price rises; they reckon it's going to cost around an extra £2K per family per annum..."Yes the news is very gloomy at the mo. I'm really depressed, but I've eschewed the idea of suicide, 'cos there are three bright bits of good news, albeit tiny glimmers of hope.1 - I've noticed our eight clematises(spelling?) are beginning to throw numerous light green shoots along their branches. They've survived the wet winter and are a welcome harbinger of Spring with their resplendent shoots bravely pushing through.2 - The excellent street cleaner in our road continues doing a great job of sweeping all the debris and rubbish from our pavements and gutters. He was out earlier this week, in the driving rain and wind, doing a thankless job - hurrah for him, he deserves a medal and well done Mr Jason Stacey, our head of Ealing Council, for managing and giving us our much cleaner streets.3 - I've forgotten what the third bit of good news is - sorry! ;-)
Gerry Tan ● 6834d