I'm thinking of leaving Esporta and joining Virgin Active in Ealing. Does anyone have any positive / negative experiences with Virgin Active to share?Thanks,Ed
Ed Yelland ● 6850d3 Comments
The Virgin Active is ok - has gone a bit downhill since the takeover from Holmes Place and is nowhere near as nice as Esporta. But it's very convenient for me and has all the classes I do so that's why I go. It's not worth the £70 per month though, so I'd recommend joining through PruHealth where you get a reduced price membership if you take out an insurance policy with them. It works out at about £40-50 per month in total then.
T. Kelaart ● 6848d
I agree it's definitely gone down since Virgin took over from Holmes place, but it's still the best pool, and the gym is fine.
D Moore ● 6848d
Ed, I presume you are referring to the ex Holmes Place gym in Ealing Broadway shopping centre. Have you also considered the Virgin Active in Acton (Bromyard Avenue)? This gym is much better than the Ealing Broadway one, but obviously it depends on how easy it is for you to get to Acton.
James de Vivenot ● 6848d