Response to :- "I find a lot of Ealing shops so disappointing. " xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Totally agree, never used to be that way. Ealing used to have some interesting shops, including in West Ealing, Rowses for example. But the nature of our town and environs has changed so much it will never be the same and indeed will become even more alien to we the "ordinary " inhabitants. Hanwell has been changed beyond recognition,likewise West Ealing well on it's way and the change spreading towards Ealing proper. Beyond that going towards Shepherds Bush along the Uxbridge Road one feels alienated and totally so in Shepherd's Bush market, where I doubt there is one English shop / stall left. And yet there are those who tramp these boards who say we should be pleased. Well I ain't and nor are many immigrants themselves. I know several who want to get out of the multi-cultural paradise while they are still alive. Sunday I had a visit from a Kosovan friend, whom I have known for 10 years. I signed his naturalisation application. He got married 5 years ago to a Kosovan girl he met in Switzerland where his mother is, now has 2 children, works hard, earns good money etc etc, BUT says this country and London in particular have gone down so much he and his family want to get out. His 4 yr old daughter has just started at school , where he says she will not learn english properly. Of the 35 pupils, only 3 are of the same background, ie white, 1 is Irish, 1 is Polish and his daughter, and also the teachers are all from " warmer climes ". So he will move abroad, either back to Kosovo which he says is now better than here, or Belgium where his brother currently is. 2.4 million whites have fled London since this Govt. got in, proving them to be the most racist in history. Iraqi friends say the same, as do East African asians who all came here 'cos it was English, not a hotpotch of everything and nothing that we have been turned into. My Kosovan friend lives in an adjoining Borough where he has been on the Council's Housing waiting list for almost 5 years with no luck as vacancies go to those from " warmer climes " and the " mutual " corruption / bribes / back-handers involved is he says rife and why he doesn't get allocated a place as he refuses to pay the £2000 " fee ". Saddens me to see my country dragged down like this, but then I am regarded as racist.
Tony Price ● 6829d