Hi Ed I apologise if you think I was "having a go",I wasn't,if you have a look at the times we posted you'll note that I was probably typing at the same time as you,but slower. I hadn't read your reply before I wrote mine. I thought I made it clear that everything I wrote on Bluetooth came from the www. It wasn't my opinion,in fact before Googling I was of the same opinion as yourself i.e it can't be done. I've re-Googled a lot more this morning and am more convinced that it can be done,though I take your point about the Hibernating PC and can only imagine that the PC has to be left on and maybe charging from the car...Why anyone would do that.... who knows? Yes I really did see the guy opening and closing car door locks,why in the name of Buddha would I make that up? I was positioned about halfway up a double line of about 80 cars (Braehead Shopping Mall Glasgow)with the drivers window half open and could hear about 5 cars being opened and closed and lots of giggling from the kids,so I had a look and saw what was happening,needless to say they stopped when they saw me. I'm reminded of a trip I made through the desert in Nevada,there was a road sign saying something like "Your Autos electronics may be affected by strong RF",sure enough they were,the door locks jumped up and down like yoyos,so I guess that overloading with RF may be the cause. This morning I took my 70cm handheld radio out to the cars and tried to reproduce the effect,I couldn't...but what did happen is that it rendered the key fobs inoperable,further Googling revealed that the AA and RAC have had to tow cars away from strong sources of RF before being able to open the doors. (Airports etc.) Report them to the Police? Exactly what crime were they guilty of? Anyone is allowed to use that frequency on the basis that they have to accept interference from others,including radio amateurs (of which I'm one),it just may be that whatever piece of equipment he was using wasn't CE approved,but on that basis probably half the population are unknowingly guilty,not everything with a CE mark has been tested! I have a camera charger here that gives out more hash than you'd get at a cannabis party,but it has a CE mark,so that's OK then.Actually I rather like to decide what I do and don't post on here.
Tony Wood ● 6826d