Well in an ideal World Gavin we would all be grown up, but I am afraid that Politics ain't like that. They ALL do the smear tactics routine from time to time, the 'dirty tricks department' is alive and well in most political parties. As for Boris, I believe him to be sincere, but a bit of a foot in mouth merchant. If you could have brought yourself to read some of the articles he has written in the Telegraph (I know that would have been as hard as it is for me to read the Guardian/Independant, but they come out with issues that I agree with sometimes), humanity shines through. I always thought that for Labour George Brown shone through as sincere if sometimes a bit naive. Of course Frank Field is someone on the Labour side with plenty of commonsense, who states the unthinkable, and then gets the sack from Blair for saying it. Then there is Vince Cable for the Lib-Dems, the leader that never was but should have been.Yes Gavin I do agree with you about some of Ken's failings, but is there anything mitigating to say on his behalf?? I think maybe his stand against the PPP Partnership on the Tube insisted upon by Brown might qualify??A thought Gavin, maybe you and I both want honesty in Politics, so I suppose we are both a bit naive on that one, as it would appear a fair number of the electorate.
Colin Vaughan ● 6783d