Forum Topic

I think this could be a conservative win. Greenford Broadway ward has been a split ward since the elections in 2006, with two labour councillors elected and 1 conservative. The two conservative candidates that did not get in only lost by 4 votes and 78 votes! - so its a very marginal seat, and a ward which the Conservatives didnt heavily work on because it was not expected to be a marginal seat.Bearing in mind the Conservatives will probably campaign on their achievements in the council since coming to power, I think this will work in their favour.I would also expect them to campaign heavily on  "good for greenford" scheme recently introduced by the Conservative administration. Turning to the Labour Party they may struggle with the fact that none of their current cllrs in Greenford Broadway is local. Julian Bell who is a current cllr in the ward was a councillor representing acton the term before! If I was to bet who they will choose as the candidate I would probably put my money on the local Labour Party candidate who stood in Greenford Green ward (Moszczynski) at the last local eletions, a local resident and quite popular in the area. I really cannot see the return of Leo Thompson (former leader of the council) as their candidate. As for the Conservatives, I really dont have a clue to be honest.My prediction: Conservatives gain from Labour with a majority over 100 votes. and the libdems ....................... usual lies in their outragous literature and probably the usualy faces:  Tony Miller, Francescco Fruzer, or Nigel Bakhai

Wayne Bridges ● 6777d