TV signal problems
Anyone else found their TV reception has degraded in recent months? This is due to building work near you, if so. Mine has dropped off to the point that analogue signals are no longer watchable (sound only, the picture is so badly 'ghosted') and digital varies from fine to jumping badly like a scratched DVD depending on the channel and weather conditions.The cause is mostly the Waitrose residential tower development – I live near West Ealing station with it and other tall new developments directly between me and the Crystal Palace transmitter in Bromley. This fact came to light through a helpful email conversation with the BBC's technical department. Well, I say helpful – in fact it seems there's nothing I can do with the knowledge. Apparently, as the tower block is a very shiny, featureless, flat-surfaced building (it's hideous), the reflections off it are the worst possible, especially when it's wet. Clearly I shall have to get cable.At least the path to the Croydon transmitter is clear, so I get perfect TV (even analogue) on the one station that it carries: channel Five...
Stuart Maddison ● 6771d7 Comments