Re :- " As Tony guessed, it's a fairly old machine and as it turns out is dead and gone now. We're now thinking how to resolve because it's definitely right that the combined machines aren't as good or reliable as separates but space doesn't easily permit ..." xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx The reason for the unreliability is I am told the condensation caused by the drying cycle and some of which stays in the machine and causes damage?. As I said earlier, Miele are the only manufacturer AS FAR AS I AM AWARE who will give a long guarantee, possibly 10 years on certain promotions. Visit a quality retailer, such as John Lewis and they should be able to give good advice which I find is much better than that at the "specialist" national electrical retailers , and who are not as competitive as one might think. My first Miele I bought 13 years ago in Selfridges who were cheaper than Curry's etc etc. That store has long since stopped doing large electricals. Trust all goes well, let us know!
Tony Price ● 6764d