Philippa, from what we observed and from chats with our good neighbours, all seemed to go very well re refuse collection this Easter. Two of our neighbours went away for Easter - one to their villa in Tuscany and the other to their old barn conversion in the Salcombe estuary, lucky blighters - but they asked their neighbours(and us) to put out their bags and boxes and plactic and cardboard bundles the night before they collected. So all was safely gathered in, as they say. The nice efficient road sweeper came later to do his sweeping thing - I must say, Ealing Counccil are really doing the business these day, at least in our patch of the woods - unlike those good people in the Churchfield area of Acton. I wonder why were're so fortunate in Walpole Ward?Incidentally, I'd love a retreat away from London for r and r at somewhere pleasant - a nice cheap two bed two loos apartment in a condominium near the beach at Benidorm would suit! I must get back to doing the Lotto again! ;-)PS: went cycling this morning past the places nearby where the electrical goods had been dumped - all gone am pleased to say. Well done Ealing Council and is it ECT? ;-)
Gerry Tan ● 6762d