Forum Topic

"Just as a matter of interest, what motivates you to vote for Alan Craig? He clearly has no chance of winning. I've often wondered why people vote for outsiders, but never come up with a satisfactory answer, which is why I'm not voting for Winston McKenzie with whom I am most closely aligned on the Vote Match website apparently!"I am by conviction a Christian who believes in the concept of a Christian political party. So I joined the CPA though I am in both a political and theological minority in it as outside it. So though I am not most closely aligned with him according to the interesting url testing us, it is a matter of party loyalty. I was a loyal Conservative until their principles changed after I lost my seat on the council. (Those two items are linked in time not causation). I would be described as right of centre by most people so my second vote goes to the person most likely to defeat Ken. I claim some consistency as with three votes in the last local election one went to our local only CPA candidate and two to the Conservatives as i still have friends there (including councillors on this forum) and I wanted to get rid of the tram. In the next general election I shall be voting for Ian Gibb. I count Steve Pound as a friend but have never voted Labour since the late 60s. At that time my mother in law threatened not to feed me if I did but again, that was not the reason for my vote. I have always voted when I could except in 69/70 when we had no candidate against the then Common Market and in the fiasco of the local vote on an elected mayor when all three parties conspired against the idea, had the vote in December of all times, and I forgot to vote as did many others. For if all who like me had signed the petition had subsequently voted, we would now have an elected mayor of Ealing. Incidentally I voted against an elected mayor for London prior to that. I am for removing layers of government and would be happy to be rid of two out of the four we endure. I should like the other two drastically reduced also.

Graham Weeks ● 6741d