Has anyone noticed a smell of manure in ealing. Very strange. Any ideas?
Dan Strachan ● 6740d13 Comments
Must be the election coming up!
James de Vivenot ● 6740d
Seems we have the Dutch to thank, according to the Met Office; they're dressing their fields and the strong east wind is driving the smell this way.
Susan Kelly ● 6740d
So not my innovative pig farm then? ( see other thread)
Graham Weeks ● 6740d
"Euro Whiff" article on the BBC website
Oh no! Now we're going to get responses to this thread from the little Englanders on this forum complaining about foreign smells invading the country illegally! ;-)
LOL: EU so OK
Philippa Bond ● 6740d
Well we had the Chernobyl radio-active dust cloud in the 1980s.Anyone remember the red dust which fell in a rainstorm in the late 1960s? It was from the Moroccan deserts. Regarding the current smell I think we should wait until there is a guaranteed period of westerly winds and then we all eat vast quantities of Brussel Sprouts!
Alan Brainsby ● 6740d
Good idea, Alan. I like sprouts. Count me in.
A (S)Pong (for)from Europe. Thats due soon in all its fatuity. Nil points all round. Bahh!!!!
Colin Vaughan ● 6740d
I remember the red sand from the Sahara; it made for a little bit of exotica in W.5.
Pamela Kay ● 6740d
I thought the Great Smell was the result of German food processing methods.
Marjorie Meek ● 6738d
"...it made for a little bit of exotica in W.5."I like a bit of exotica too Pamela. But not only in W5 - we could do with some in Ealing W7, W3, W4 and W13 as well! ;-)
Gerry Tan ● 6738d
Gerry,I'm pretty sure the red sand spread to those parts too. You were probably too "busy" to notice! I think there are bucket loads of exotica in the rest of the borough - it's W5 which is a bit staid!
Pamela Kay ● 6737d