Forum Topic

security breaches - a questionable response

I have recently raised issue with Southern Electric regarding their recent meter reader visit as I thought it was totally unacceptable that the reader went around leaving cards visible at every door and so advertising to all and sundry that there may be no one at home. They did not make effort to use any available mailbox.Their response follows which I am still chasing as I think it unsatisfactory but you may want to take your own action - have your own account note made with this informationI also wonder if all meter readers are male .......Thank you for your email dated 2 May 2008. I would firstly like to offer my sincere apologies for any inconvenience caused.  We pride ourselves on providing the best possible service to our customers and it is therefore very disappointing to learn we have let you down. We use outside agents to read our meters on our behalf so I do apologise you felt that leaving the cards outside the property may advertise that a property may be empty.  However customers who work all day also like to leave their meter reading card with readings outside for the meter reader to collected the next day and while the cards are outside there are meter readers patrolling the area over the next few days so this will also deter crime. I have placed a note on your account asking any meter readers and engineers to post any cards if he does not gain access to your property. I regret you had to contact us in these circumstances but I am grateful to have had the chance to address your concerns.  If there is anything further I can do please let me know. Regards Danielle Weathersbee Customer Relations Advisor Tel :0800 072 7203

Colin Izzard ● 6719d1 Comments

<