Booth was a great manWhile women weep, as they do now, I'll fight; while children go hungry, as they do now I'll fight; while men go to prison, in and out, in and out, as they do now, I'll fight; while there is a drunkard left, while there is a poor lost girl upon the streets, while there remains one dark soul without the light of God, I'll fight˜I'll fight to the very end! -- General William Booth.In answer to your inquiry, I consider that the chief dangers which confront the coming century will be religion without the Holy Ghost, Christianity without Christ, forgiveness without repentance, salvation without regeneration, politics without God, and heaven without hell. --Gen. BoothWhat then is there left for me to do? Not count the weeks, the days and the hours which will bring me again into her sweet company.....My work plainly is to fill up the weeks, the days and the hours and cheer my poor heart as I go alongwith the thought that, when I have served my Christ and my generation according to the will of God -- which I vow this afternoon I shall do with the last drop of my blood -- then I trust that He will bid me to the skies as he bade her.William Booth at the grave of his wife, in Blood and Fire, Roy Hattersley, 1999
Graham Weeks ● 6715d