Well, here's the thing, Gerry - do we feel confident that any amount of 'expansion' will lead to 'a really good modern airport'? We can't even get what we have right. The alternative to the squalid trains is a case in point. A lot of trouble and expense went into the Heathrow express.Hurrah I thought, a dedicated airport train service will help reduce of the awful overcrowding on the tube for a start. But what happened there? The fares were astonishing and I believe we now have the most expensive short train journey in the world. I do feel strongly that a total rethink of air travel is necessary. Resite: rebuild,on a more sensible site which is not on a heavily builtup area (remember that terrifying near miss recently), and supported by a fleet of HIGH Speed trains to central London, linking up with other routes. But then, I suspect that whatever improvements are made, they would rapidly dwindle into dirt, smell and confusion. Years ago,before I retired, I thought we would drown in a sea of incompetence, though I didn't expect it would overpower us so quickly.I can't do the march -too disabled, but not having seen any publicity in Ealing, decided to post so that others who wish to do so could join in.
Marjorie Meek ● 6705d