Forum Topic

Colin  I'm pleased that you only found a "slight flaw" in my non arguement!  I'm not sure that Ealing has been treated any differently to anyone else,Britain has been treated badly for eons,I only live in Ealing occasionally (last week for instance)so I could easily be wrong!  I can't find any valid reason for increasing the number of MPs at all,other than that the prisons are full,and we could keep a closer eye on more criminals.Nope we don't need more,just less that work harder and aren't deaf to the publics concerns,I'm still seething over the Iraq situation...I'd guess that at least 75% of the population didn't want it,they all knew it would go mammaries skyward,but did they listen???  Video conferencing wont work I'm afraid,anarchy would reign without someone (the speaker)yelling "order" every two minutes,so I think we still need the PoW,including those Lords that are both alive and awake.   As for my idea leading to facelessness all round,it may,but given the current twofacedness of politicians of all hues,I'd say that might be an improvement.  Scotland eh? Did you put that bit in as a baited hook? You'll know that I live here most of the time (where it's Scorchio today for a change). Well are you certain that Scotland wants independence? I don't see too much evidence of that,I see a heck of a lot more Union Flags up here than I do in Ealing. I suspect that you are jumping to a conclusion that "fits your bill". If you are assuming that because Alex Salmond is the first minister,that all Scots have voted for independence...I don't think that to be the case,I think the truth is that like folk down South,they wanted to kick the Government in the teeth,and had an earlier opportunity to do so,as simple as that,they had nobody else to vote for,nothing sinister!  Personally I wouldn't be too eager to get rid of the troublesome Scots,it seems that if Scotland does become a state in it's own right,then according to the European Parliament,North Sea Oil in Scottish waters would become Scottish property...That at least bares thinking about doesn't it?Toodle Ooo tha' nooo.

Tony Wood ● 6702d