Anyone know where I can buy some second hand terracotta plant pots from, I want 2nd hand as I prefer the weathered look on them compared to the ones you buy brand newany ideas?
Mark Yates ● 6691d2 Comments
Mark, you could try rubbing new terrapots with yogurt or give them a brushing of milk or a weak solution of flour and water and leave them outdoors in a shady damp place for a few weeks. They will get a light coating of algae and in time begin to look like old pots on a rustic Tuscan terrace or the front steps of fine olf finca. I know how you feel about old distressed terrapots - they're lovely and so much more attractive than pristine ones on a newbuild suburban patio. good luck. ;-)
Gerry Tan ● 6690d
nice trick Gerry, in the end i went to Homebase and brought some pots there, but they stand out in the garden , grrrr that bright orange to them, Ill try your milk trick
Mark Yates ● 6689d