I sent this e-mail on June 11th to the library service and copied to Nigel Sumner, the councillor responsible. No reply - or even acknowledgement - yet of course..."I note that the central library is not just closed but the work shows little sign of being anywhere close to being finished.I note that you forecast a 20 week programme in November 2007, i.e. opening on April 1st. and that today's date is June 11.I note that having made these promises you have now just ignored them and failed to keep customers informed.I note that you pay yourselves at least what you consider to be the market rate in comparison with private industry.I note that the EC organisation includes lots of posts concerned with issues like marketing, customer care and similar positions. I doubt you even have the awareness or sense of responsibility to even be embarrassed about all of the above but I would like to record my anger and to ask for as good an explanation as you can provide to all the interlinked points above. Nicholas Cullum"
Nicholas Cullum ● 6684d