Council communication - CPZ
A new CPZ was supposed to start in the streets surrounding us today, Tues 17 June. I cycled up Lavington and Waldemar earlier and it's evident that the hundreds of commuters who descend on us every weekday morning are observing it as there are plenty of spaces, whereas our road is, as usual, jammed with cars.BUT a friend in Lavington Rd told me today that when she went up to Percival House to claim her disc the other day, she was told the launch of the CPZ had been delayed until 14 July. Are there any signs saying so? Had residents been leafleted or in any other way been told of the delay? No, is the answer. I can only hope that this all (see also thread on Central Library Refurbishment) means that LBE's budget for communication is precisely nought pence per annum. I'd like to be reassured that this is so, and that the upwards of two grand a year i'm paying in council tax is being spent on more worthwhile projects - like refurbising the library.
David Dix ● 6680d4 Comments