Forum Topic

Re :-"Come to think of it - how is it that these people are give legal aid despite the fact that some have properties and a huge bank balance??? "        xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx        I think you will find they have advisers within certain elements of the legal " profession " who advise / deal with such matters. Things happen that you and I would not think of. A few years ago I was acquainted with a " doctor " from a middle -eastern country who had been  here for a  long time since  his country went to war with a neighbouring country, applied to stay, which was granted and in the many  intervening years did not work but managed to acquire a  a wife, a car, a house in Tooting which he left 'cos his wife had 11 cats. So the sympathetic ratepayers of Ealing were unwittingly induced to pay rent ona flat here for him ( plus 2 other persons ) , "our "  contribution being £600 of the £900pcm rent, so he decided to tell the Council his 7 year old daughter stayed here with him 3 nights a week ( which she did not ) but this meant apparently ALL the £900 rent had to be coughed up by Ealing ratepayers. Now who would have known /  thought of such a wheeze, only persons well versed in the art of getting round OUR welfare system and the loopholes therein. The " doctor " was of course  on disability bens of various descriptions, despite  there being nothing wrong with him. There are armies of " lawyers " assisting their countrymen in getting the max out of the systems, plus the lawyers themselves do nicely, thank you. Had I been aware of all this while he was local to me, I would have shopped him but I only found out after he took flight to pastures unknown.

Tony Price ● 6673d