Oh dear Philippa! I must confess that 3 bins might be a bit much, but by your own admission you say that Harrow is well organised, thats why, no mess, I know we cannot see eye to eye over this, ,and farther back in the thread I think you will see that the idea of white bags for plastics met with my approval,and the reasons why, but how you can say that somehow the use of wheelie bins does nothing to encourage the reduction of waste beats me, a case of trying to justify your point of view? With a wheelie there is no hiding place, lift the lid and there it is. With your beloved bags the fiddlers can put anything they like in them and whose to know.So as we had in Enfield the ludicrous situation of Council officials ripping open bags to find out who is fiddling the system. To say nothing of Freddie Fox doing the same thing for other reasons. So we have Enfield, a mess, Barnet, neat and tidy, Harrow the same, Ealing? well I don't know, except the 'Filthy Acton'thread that ran and ran might be a straw in the wind!!(Ouch).No system is perfect, I conceed that, but I'm quite happy with ours in Barnet, and if the idea of Wheelie Bins upsets you so be it. All I know that as I walk through Cockfosters on a windy Winter's day,one half in bag strewn Enfield and the other in neat and tidy Barnet I know which I prefer!
Colin Vaughan ● 6648d