What's your definition(understanding) of a true gentleman? For that matter, what's the definition of a true lady? Any opinions?
Gerry Tan ● 6610d16 Comments
For a Scots gentleman:one who can play the bagpipes, but doesn't...
Alan Brainsby ● 6610d
A true lady is one who always does as she's told by men. That's why we like to be called women these days.
Susan Kelly ● 6610d
I have heard it said that a gentleman is a man with a long beard who wears a bow tie. Not me then.A lady thanks you when you open the door for her, give up your seat etc. She is not a chair but MADAM CHAIRMAN.
Graham Weeks ● 6610d
That's me, Graham! The Madam Chairman bit not the long beard. We are a dying breed sadly.A gentleman is a man who is never rude no matter how silly or aggravating you are.
Barbara Yerolemou ● 6609d
No, a gentleman is only ever rude on purpose.
Susan Kelly ● 6609d
A true gentleman is a person with impeccable manners - treating Lords and beggars with the same courtesy. In other words, a gentle man.
S. D. Brock ● 6609d
I have a true lady in my sat nav. She never raises her voice or argues, is very patient .... and she is usually right.
Graham Weeks ● 6609d
I agree Graham and Barbara - I so dislike the use of the word 'Chair' at an official meeting. I've used the words Chairman or Madam Chairman for more than sixty years and I've no intention of changing the way I address the person who's in charge of a meeting.Speaking of true gentlemen, I like the notion that one can always recognise a gentleman by the way he addresses a waiter.
Gerry Tan ● 6608d
You don't strike me as being a SAT NAV person Graham!
Colin Vaughan ● 6608d
'You don't strike me as being a SAT NAV person Graham!'Boys and their toys, Colin.
Graham Weeks ● 6608d
A gentleman, true or otherwise, is he who closes the lavatory seat after use.
Alan Brainsby ● 6607d
'A gentleman, true or otherwise, is he who closes the lavatory seat after use.'With no mess left beneath.
Graham Weeks ● 6607d
True...
Alan Brainsby ● 6606d
A true gentleman is a man who places his coat over a puddle for his lady. Like myself for instance. I'm on my 54th coat this year.
Doug Witherspoon ● 6603d
S*d that!I'd rather be on my 54th lady. :)Assuming there are 54 or more ladies around...
Alan Brainsby ● 6603d
Arise Sir Douglas!
Graham Weeks ● 6603d