Are we talking about the three Fs?Finance, fuel, and food.Food and fuel prices are up due to worldwide demand, although I find it more than coincidental that the credit crunch has happened at the same time.I have always been suspicious of a rising stock market coupled with rising house prices. There is a near finite amount of money in the world and it either buys property or shares, not both.Of course now we know where the additional money has come from - it never existed. It was all based on future earnings, therefore repayments, of Americans. And that has a finite limit, especially when unemployment occurs.The credit crunch will primarily affect those who wish to borrow, not those who have already borrowed.I think we've seen nothing much so far. It's going to get a lot worse. Eventually the government is going to need more money. If it can't borrow then income tax or VAT will be increased.I suppose my advice to Gerry would be don't borrow money.Regarding fuel costs - buy a wind up torch. Winding it up will keep you warm and active and you'll have enough light to find and wind you wind-up radio!To many others, clear debt while interest rates are low.Shop at Aldi/Lidl/Netto or buy own-brand Tesco/Sainsbury/etcWhen enough people do that the major brand prices will fall.
Alan Brainsby ● 6596d