Early A Class Mercedes were not up to the marks image, and the short wheelbase version had an absolutely appaling ride. I assume that you are going to purchase something fairly new, in which case build quality and ride are much improved. However I cannot see much difference between the A Class and a top of the range Honda Jazz, and there is a later version of this coming out in October. Build quality is just as good, reliability is probably better, engineering matches Mercedes,versitiliy of seating combinations I thing beat the A Class, and you probably save a bit in price, residuals are virtually as good. Just depends if you suffer from 'badgeitus'as one of my neighbours does regarding Skoda, mortified that he is now that he sees his VW is no better, and his Dealer, unlike the Skoda Dealership, keeps ripping him off!All this is just a matter of opinion, but my Son ran an A class for sometime, and was not very impressed, especially with the ride. I suffered it on numerous occasions, but this was an earlier version, later ones got better I understand.I have also tried the Jazz that my Son-in-Laws neighbour had, and was suitably impressed. Hope this helps.
Colin Vaughan ● 6596d