An interesting story this one. As I'm an ex School Governor of Drayton Manor High and one of the people who appointed the current head master I'm more than a little interested in it.I have little interest in the demands of Brentside High as this is a privately owned school masquerading as a public one. I tend to believe the current head who asserts that the school's admission policy has been in place for 10 years and no-one has seriously questioned/contested the policy until now.Who will pay for the Judicial Review (if it's unsuccessful) is an interesting question, as Ealing Council who are a co-complainer clearly will not pay for it.The real problems in Hanwell/West Ealing is that Drayton Manor is far too big - with over 1,600 pupils- and we really could do with another state secondary school in the W7/W13 area , and reduce the size of Drayton Manor. A secondary problem is the deprivation in Cuckoo and Copley Close estates, which the current Council is starting to deal with - certainly in Copley Close.If anyone has any theories as to why Ealing Council complained to the Schools Adjudicator about Drayton Manor's admisssion policy - please enlighten us all.
Eric Alan Leach ● 6553d