Forum Topic

Some subjects not up for discussion (Apparently!)

"It now seems swamped by aggressive polemicists and racists and is no fun any more. And there are far too many people noisily posting stuff that makes me think I just wouldn't want to spend much time with them"In answer to the above, but notice, she is not too slow to express her opinions here and elsewhere.Some of the issues I have raised, which apparently offends the luvvies who have protested, and suggested that I should be banned for racist bigotry, something that I will not let go unchallenged, and I apologise to those who are bored with this constant harping about racism or religious hatred, but these accusations without foundation is IMO a slap in the face for “Free speech” and Freedom of expression. The following are some of them that I have raised on this and other forums.1. Ghurka soldiers Right to residency2. Disgraceful accommodation for service people and their families3. A soldier wounded in action refused a hotel room, when visiting a wounded colleague.4. Protest by residents’ in Surrey against the establishing a rehabilitation centre for service people wounded in action, along with their families.5. Afghanistan hijackers allowed to stay here, given housing and benefits, and it is also alleged that only one has taken up employment (As a security officer) you could not begin to make it up!6. And the well publicised Afghan family housed in a 7 bedroom house and at a cost to the taxpayer, of which I am one even though retired…(.yes I am one of the many mugs who worked for almost 50 years).I continually challenge those who want to stifle any issue(s) that apparently upsets and offends them, to show examples, but even those with impaired vision, would have noticed, that this request just brings on further insults, .to which I respond to eg.Question….”Have you taken your medication AMJA”……..hilarious?  Those in glass houses, springs to mind.So! Those with a mind to throw these accusations and insults about, don’t be surprised when I answer in a similar manner.If either of these 2 particular "ladies" wish to give details of offensive or racist remarks, that I have ever made, I would be delighted to answer, and if proven, I would presume the moderators would implement the ban on my contributions. So ladies, and possibly others of a similar mind, now is the time......but please be adult!

Andrew Michael John Atkinson ● 6541d111 Comments

I don't think any of us are particularly racist and most of the comments made by ANY of us I don't read as racist.What many of us don't like are freeloaders. It's unfortunate large numbers of them come from just a few countries. Those countries seem to be more interbred than others - interbred in the genetic sense, not the more common meaning of close relations. It happens in Europe, the French don't look like the Spanish or the Italians, and I'm sure we can all differentiate between a Polish miss and an English one just by looking at them. Polish girls are generally thinner and prettier  -  ooh! That's something to take issue with.What some of us don't like is the ability of the freeloaders to take precedence over UK citizens who are here already and at our expense.When we had the recent immigration waves from the commonwealth those citizens came here to work and were grateful for that opportunity. They weren't given any special favours, until the Race Relations Act. I won't mention the "race" of the first person prosecuted under that act.The recent lot don't seem to know the meaning of work in the context of living in Britain. They expect everything to be handed to them on a plate. Accommodation - " I don't like the view from this flat. Is there another one? Schooling - there should be, not could we have, islamic schools.This is the problem - demand culture without working for it.Another problem is that many incomers are of working age potentially, if they are seeking employment, taking jobs from our own workforce. And if anyone had not noticed there are not enough jobs to go round anyway even if the government says it has 600 000 vacancies notified via JobCentre. 600 000 vacancies? What's wrong with those vacancies - they are non-jobs that no-one, including the unemployed wants them. So where's the future in that?We would do well to remember that government has no money of its own, what it spends on benefits (and all government spending is on benefits whether it is the obvious or a new railway) is raised by taxes and borrowing. How does it repay its borrowing? Taxation - taken from most of us, even pensioners.This argument isn't about racialism, perhaps a little about culturism, but about taking the mickey out of a once even-handed, fair-playing country that made its way in the world by being harsh or generous as necessary. So it wasn't perfect but it did a better job than any other country I can think of.

Alan Brainsby ● 6539d

It is sad that one religion cannot tolerate another. I remember years ago in Malaysia a Catholic Church used to have a cross on top of the spire which lit up at night. As it is predominately a Muslim country the Priest was ordered to turn switch off the lighted cross. Now what harm was it doing to anyone I ask you? Yet we were woken up every morning with the "call to prayers" which resounded over the entire area.Christianity is all about loving one's neighbour but sometimes it is extremely difficult when one's neighbour has entirely other ideas about living in harmony!Why are we called "infidels" "pigs" and other such names just because we happen to have a different belief.We will never live in a tolerant society until each one feels they are treated equally which, sadly, this is not the case as recent newspaper reports have shown.This is (or was) a predominately Christian country but unfortunately all our dearly held values are being eroded with what one could only call "looney" organisations for pandering to the minority in case they feel upset at the very mention of the word "CHRISTMAS"!  So now they want to call it "Winterval" and in some school children are informed that Christmas will not be celebrated, instead it appears to be a mishmash of everything jumbled in together!Now we have celebrations such as "Eid" "Ramadan" "Chinese New Year" and so on, which is all fine and dandy, but it is becoming increasingly obvious that these new ideas appears to be pushing Christianity on to a back burner for fear of upsetting other religions. Why can't each one celebrate their own religion in peace without having to worry about who they were going to upset! Why were some office workers told that they should not have lunch in case they upset their collegues who were fasting for Ramadan? How absurd! Where is the equality in this case?I sometimes wonder just who is in the minority nowadays when it is obvious that in some parts of our society people are treated with much more respect when they say they are "Muslim" than if you are an ordinary member of the public, I guess this is because those in authority fear the consequences of upsetting a Muslim in our society!Now I think that a sense of fair play has long ago gone out the window!  What has happened to our country, yes we have made people from every corner of the globe most welcome here but it would seem that this country has now changed beyond all recognition. There is no equality any more as far as I can see. The trouble is we would appear to be sleepwalking into a situation which will ultimately damage this society when people realise that our value have been eroded, those in authority are simply pandering to the wishes of the minority to the detriment of the majority.  It is no use calling one another names to try and emphasise a point, that won't further the argument. Until our pensioners, and the most vulnerable in our society are treated with respect and given enough to live on so they no longer have to decide whether to eat or keep warm then I'm afraid I fear the outcome.It would seem that in some cases we have offered help and support to those who would wish us harm, talk about biting the hand that feeds you?I for one would have to agree with some of the comments made by the first poster on this subject. Many people have come to the same conclusion but they are afraid of the name calling to let their views be known.

Jean F Fernandez ● 6526d

a) Give it a rest, Andrew. And stop issuing personal insults all the time. We are supposed to be debating a subject, not disrespecting eachother's heritage or personal hygiene regime.b) We care deeply about these matters. We just don't use these issues as cover for preaching hate and prejudice.c) And stop calling me a leftie, you have no idea about my politics. Before I continue, review your recent schoolboy contributions and then tell me that this is what you jokingly call debate, now to continue....a) Pray tell me where I have preached hate and prejudice, I don't know about hatred, but the authorities in this country are certainly prejudiced, (I will explain if needed!)b) If you are deeply concerned as you suggest, where is the evidence that you do. When you say "we", who do you mean, surely not Tony Wood, who tries to be funny, (not very successfully) nor you for that matter, and is not apparent from either yours or his ramblings that you care, it is your PC views, looked at through sunglasses that shines through sadly. The pair of you certainly do not have the slightest idea of what is going on around you, and one day, as I have often said before, " by then it will be too late".c)I know your politics, from some of your views expressed on here. Typical of the left wing fraternity, throw about lines like.... racist comments, preaching hatred, not caring for fellow human beings etc. with nothing to substantiate it. So what I would ask of you, is to provide evidence where I have made either 1) a racist comment, or 2) preached hatred......when and if you do I will offer my humble apology on here....promise! But don't you think it strange, that the moderators have thus far, kept my posts unedited,if you are concerned why not e-mail them with the evidence.....Come on Tony, Nigel forget the sixth form humour for a moment, and put your money where your mouths are......no excuses now"Motto for today for the pair of you.........Little boys in glasshousesshould not throw stones

Account suspended ● 6525d