Recycling Dilemma
Hi I live in Northolt,during the recent roll out of recycling measures in the borough, we were given pink garden waste bags and white plastic recycling bags. About 5 weeks ago my recycling bags were removed and not returned. After many phone calls and emails, finaly yesturday I was informed that because I live in a house that is down a path with two sets of 3 steps, health and safety rules mean that my recycling cannot be carried up or down steps by operatives, the same steps the refuse men use. I have been now told either me and my fellow neighbours transport our plastics and garden refuse to the local recycling centre, or find alternative methods of disposal. Not all my neighbours have transport or are well enough to do this, and as for the greenhouse effect of all those extra vehicles!. Any one else out their living with this step phobia from the council!!!!.
Cathie Mulcair ● 6531d4 Comments