Forum Topic

People - we've got to chill OUT!

There has been a lot of angst and power-venting being chalked up on this blackboard. Some of it has been meaningful and stimulating, some has not. It's mostly been about a subject that always gets dragged out during economic hardship. People are suffering out there, all over the world, for all sorts of reasons. Luckily I am not suffering, but I have to a small degree in the past. I just want to live in a respectful, peaceful society that accepts some small fraction of people will commit crime of some description and/or generally disrespect other people. I don't care where those people come from. We pay close attention to issues that they think directly affect them, and consequently we perceive reasons for these issues. Our core moralities are all corrupted in some way or another by the opinions we want to agree with and those whose opinions they are. We all have different reasons for believing what we do. We are all different, it's a simply a matter of the degree of difference in others one is comfortable with. That degree is based on experience, association, background, living conditions, peer pressure, choice of media, economics, everything. I only associate with people I like, respect and feel I could be close to, and they could be from anywhere. That's just me though, you might feel differently.Can we just chill and have reasoned debate without the expectation of personal slight, being generalised and being spat at? I realise I am guilty of that too ..

Verification Required ● 6530d2 Comments

</