Forum Topic

Guardian readers

I realized in another post I had used the word prodigy instead of progeny.My thanks to those who saw it but did not make a public spectacle of me for such a stupid error.For the others it set me thinking. I had been reading Luke 15:11-32 and the word prodigal had stuck in my mind. I then proceeded to think that not every knows what Luke is. Is it a film?, a computer game?, an internet chat room?Indeed my thoughts continued and by processes of logical deduction I arrived at the conclusion that the most probable group of Luke-ignorant people would be Guardian readers...... that group of left-wing let'em all in wannabe media types, and others, who wouldn't dare pick up a bible, which incidentally is where the Book of Luke is found, for fear of offending another culture. What they might do in private with handcuffs, whips, and so forth is a different matter.Another observation of these lentil-fuelled, wooden lavatory seat owning readers which I noticed on the Underground is the speed at which they read - slow. The words, word lengths and sentence structure of the Guardian is similar to those of the Daily Telegraph and Times newspapers. I put this down to to the fact that the DT and T are bought by individuals who are educated and have acquired a greater understanding than those who buy the Guardian and struggle to understand it.Personally I wouldn't use the Guardian even for emergency lavatory paper, unless it had been ironed to stop the ink running.

Alan Brainsby ● 6529d20 Comments