As it's winter...
There is no official start for any season. I like the Met. Office definition of Dec 1, Mar 1 etc.Anyway as it's this time of year - our favourite seasonal songs! What are they?By this I include hymns, carols, pop songs, parodies such as "Chipmunks roasting on an open fire, hot sauce dripping from their toes..." etc.So as no-one gets too over-excited I would suggest the omission of one Bing Crosby song - dream on!My favourites are: hymns - Adeste Fidelis (O come, all ye faithful) but not as rendered in Ealing Broadway a while back by a group of young men. I think they were RCs as they were it singing in Latin!Carols - I don't like many carols and even less do I like carol singers. Isn't that what chamber pots were invented for?Seasonal music - Winter Wonderland.Parodies - most of Bob Rivers renditions of popular carols and songs.
Alan Brainsby ● 6510d5 Comments