"I am not in support or against the Police; it was a highly charged situation and I am sure they did all they should have done."I have said this before, as tragic as it was, we have to remember, that this was at a time of extreme danger (post 7/7) yes, the police made mistakes, and hopefully have now addressed them to prevent a recurrence. Having said that, most of the blame should be laid firmly at the door of the extremists, who as we speak are planning further atrocities. It seems that many want an infallible police service, that will never happaen unfortunately. This applies to the armed forces as well, where our soldiers have been killed by "friendly" fire, it happens in these situations. I just wish that some of these lawyers (leeches?) involved in this high profile case, would spend some time on fighting for justice for our soldiers killed in action, but there is no kudos in that is there? It is time to move on......sad as that may sound. I read with interest, the following, which came about from the BBC Panorama programme!Taylor also refers to de Menezes' family in Gonzaga, Brazil. Apparently there is now a sign at the entrance to the village which bears the legend, "Land of Jean Charles de Menezes. Victim of terrorism in London. Here we value life." Thankfully, the de Menezes family never seem to have crossed the path of the Rio de Janeiro Police Department.There is a perfectly valid case to be made that JCDM was a victim of terrorism; not police terrorism, but the terrorism perpetrated the day before, in which, of course, he played no part. It was in the pursuit of the individuals responsible for those acts that SO19 killed him by mistake. His blood lies as much upon the hands of the Islamists as upon the hands of the Metropolitan Police.Amen
Andrew Michael John Atkinson ● 6496d