Scam
I was forwarded this.Just thought I would let you know that earlier this week a man arrived at my door telling me that he was one of my neighbours (from a house I didn’t know) and that he had locked himself out of his house and needed to borrow some money to get to his grandmothers for a spare key. I know it sounds improbable, but in the spirit of Christmas I almost gave him some money. However, part of his story didn’t add up and on a neighbour’s advice I called the police. This guy is well known to the police and is a heroin addict who makes his money by trying to make the likes of us feel sorry for him. He isn’t violent, but has been known to burgle if opportunity arises. His first question will be ‘ Can I speak to your husband/partner’. The police came to my house and advised me that if this happens again I should dial 999 and report it and also to always use the chain when opening the door at night. I’m letting you all know as I told this story to a friend and the same man has just turned up on her doorstep – she knew what to do. He is clearly targeting the Ealing area. The man is small, thin, tanned skin and often wears a flat cap.
Graham Weeks ● 6493d4 Comments