http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/magazine/7773974.stmwell after extra coaching - look I'm not well alright, I'm just getting over man-flu and I have to take things easy.
Peter Wright ● 6486d8 Comments
I passed in 1956 when I was but nine tears old.
Graham Weeks ● 6486d
Been there, done that, got the old school tie! :)
Alan Brainsby ● 6486d
'Nine tears old'? Dr Freud!!
Susan Kelly ● 6486d
I was only one year ahead, entering grammar school at 10 years 3 months.
I went to Battersea Grammar (oddly named as in Streatham)..but sadly now a comprehensive.
David Archer ● 6486d
I put this up for a bit of Christmas fun. (theatrical sigh, exit stage left, head in hands)
Peter Wright ● 6486d
Ho! Ho! Ho!A decapitated ghost, I suppose? So did you go to drama school as well? ;)
Since the demise of Grammar Schools, hastened by one Margaret Thatcher, some of us bemoan this lack of true Tory principle. They encouraged excellence and meritocracy and were the best ladder children from poor backgrounds ever climbed.
Graham Weeks ● 6485d