A message of commendation for the vacuum cleaner repair shop on St John's Parade, Mattock Lane. Used him for years. Excellent service, even same day last Saturday.
Graham Weeks ● 6477d19 Comments
Seconded
Verification Required ● 6476d
www.westealingneighbours.org.uk have a special site set up on their forum for local business reviews located in West Ealing. So should you not live in the area but wish to eat or shop in West Ealing then have a look. There are around 60 reviews so far. Please feel free to contribute too if you wish!
Diane Gill ● 6476d
There is something like that on this site too but everyone appears to prefer to get more up to date and personal feedback.I too have used the Mattock Lane vacuum cleaner mender!Who can recommend a video player mender? It was working when it left the out-laws ...
Philippa Bond ● 6475d
I wouldn't mind a DVD memder recommendation (if economically viable) My son decided to stick his teaset spoon in the player!The recommendations on the West Elaing site are very much up to date as individuals comment on existing postings as well as add new postings too....
Diane Gill ● 6475d
Yes, I've just had a look - there appears to be more happening on it than there used to be!Too late now for you I know and don't know about DVD players but you used to be able to get something to stop small people posting things into the video player... and jammy toast was apparently the favourite....
Yes I have one for the video player but he can open the DVD drawer now and that is when the spoon went in!West Ealing Neighbours have made a concerted effort to keep this updated and invite people to comment (I am a regular poster as I am on the committee!)
There is a local family repairer in Acton (Churchfiled Road). I think it is RO something about the middle of Churchfield Road.
Jim Wong ● 6475d
Thanks!I am in West Ealing, anything a bit nearer?
there is a tv shop on northfields ave not sure if they do repairs.
Emma Daniels ● 6475d
The vacuum man said no electronics repairer in Ealing. I lost mine in Finchley too.
Graham Weeks ● 6475d
Unless you have an exceptionally expensive DVD player I would guess that the cost of repairs would be more than a new machine, which can be bought for £20 these days. That sort of modern technology isn't really made to be repaired, but thrown out and replaced.
Mark Dudley ● 6475d
Yes many have said the same thing but my DVD player is fairly new and wasn't cheap either so it would be worth having it repaired if the cost was reasonable as I actually wouldn't buy a £20 player (would upgrade to Blueray!)
Bearing in mind that the cheapest "big brand" Blu ray player is £200, you might as well buy a £20 standard DVD player to immediately replace the failed unit.May one assume you have a 1080p FHD television in readiness for Blu ray playback? It would be useful to have a screen size in excess of 42 inches for best reproduction.Although Blu ray is backwards compatible with standard DVDs they will only display at standard DVD quality.
Alan Brainsby ● 6475d
Defunct I think. RO company were wonderful but were infiltrated by Polish computer repair chaps and I think that's all they do now - if they are still in business. Our only computer experience was a bit of a rip off so I didn't go back.
Sara Nathan ● 6475d
I have a portable DVD player I can link up to the TV for now. Yes my TV is HD ready(it's 37'')My friend has Blu ray and showed me a standard DVD on it and the quality was excellent although of course that could have been his brand new TV!
If the picture from a standard DVD is excellent then Blu ray will be outstanding.Don't forget to get a 5.1 sound system to make the most of it!
It is a sight for sore eyes (who needs to go out to the pictures now!)Now your talking re the sound system - but maybe another piece of equipment for my curious 2 year old son to demolish!
You could wall-mount the speakers, but not the sub-woofer.The amplifier should be pretty fool-proof unless your son takes to pushing tooth-picks into the headphone socket. :)
Don't be giving him ideas now!
Diane Gill ● 6474d