Water meters - what do they monitor?
Water meters for all suggests the government.On the spurious grounds of pay for what you use and conservation of supply the government is introducing a subtle method of measuring household occupancy, is it not?On the basis of consumption a television, for example, uses the same amount of electricity whether it is watched by nobody or ten people.Water is different. It is rather more personal. We may well share bath water. But drinking it, whether as tap water or in coffee is something else. I am sure I am not the only one on this forum who doesn't drink water that has passed through a family member or pet, filtered or otherwise!Water consumption is reasonably closely matched to population. More people, more water used.Food for thought. Well, sort of.BTW I have a water meter and our bills are much lower since it was fitted.
Alan Brainsby ● 6392d4 Comments