Forum Topic

I am just back from celebrating with a couple of hundred other Bees fans at The Griffin pub as well as Andy Scott, our manager, our team captain, the right and left full backs, the goal keeper and one of our mid-fielders.Can you imagine any other club in the country playing professional football where this would happen?  Our CEO was there, our Communications Managers was there, the guy who runs our fantastic Griffin Park Grapevine fans forum was there and so many Brentford fans, all joining in together to sing about our fantastic victory. Any differences set aside, everyone talking to everyone else, hugging, kissing, 'I can't believe it' conversations going on.  We have waited a long time for this and have done it without recourse to a a multi-million pound budget.  It's been sheer hard work, contacts, good training and tactics, team spirit, self-belief and the strongest relationship in professional football between a club and it's supporters. A wonderful, wonderful, special and amazing night which I don't think any of us will forget.Next season we will be playing Southampton and Charlton for sure and possibly Norwich and Leeds.  I will post details on here as I get them but I would urge you to have a think about coming to GP next season and if you have children, bring them too.  They will be boggle eyed and totally addicted very quickly.If you want to see the League Two trophy presented to Brentford Football Club, be at Griffin Park next Saturday for our final game of the season.

Allison Franklin ● 6366d