Re I never realised Ealing had bomb damage from WWII xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx I was told by a dear old man who lived near me( the most informed and interesting person I have ever known ) that Ealing was also bombed in WW1, as a very young child, he actually saw the bombs being thrown out of the Zeppelins, or whatever they were called , certainly around Ealing Common area. I was also told last Friday by another well informed intelligent person that Ealing Common can't be built upon because of the mass bodies buried there, results of war time bombings?. Whether WW1 or 11 I do not know. But also, the old man had told me when the sidings area at Northfields Station were being laid, they unearthed mass burial grounds of bodies from the Great Plague which were hurriedly covered back over, the germs apparently still dangerous?. And he told me there is a tunnel running underground from a certain hidden part of the Church alongside Bunny Park all the way to another graveyard in Northfields, the tunnel sufficiently large to enable a horse to go along it ( without rider atop ) and which was used by Dick Turpin to evade his pursuers?.
Tony Price ● 6056d