Racism on the 427
This evening I was about to get on the bus at around 5.30pm from Ealing Common Station to home in West Ealing. In front of me were two men both of similar age at around late 30s to early 40s - one black and one white. They had a scuffle getting on the bus and to touch their Oyster tickets. An argument ensued with both men shouting loudly; faces practically touching. I was half on the bus and decided to step off it at this stage. The white man threatened the black man and the the white man called the black man a black ****. I am sure you can all guess what that word was. The bus driver did not take any action at all apart from pressing some silly alarm that said the bus was under attack. No-one intervened and the men continued on their journey, hopefully without incident.For me this was my first taste of outright racism and I was shocked to the core. I stood at the bus stop waiting for another bus and felt like crying; I just could not believe what had just happened. To have to be the recipient of such hatred is beyond my comprehension, to say what that man said with such venom is beyond my comprehension. I am still reeling from it now.Has anyone seen anything like this before, or in fact been racially abused themselves in Ealing?
Diane Gill ● 6164d24 Comments