Forum Topic

Promises - What Promises???

I just a frustrating experience with a certain High Street Electrical retailer, all I can say is that the name sounded like a type of food.We ordered 2 "white goods" over a week ago and to have it deliver on Saturday. We were given a time slot of 10:30 and 14:30.We were texted on Friday evening from them saying "As promised.... it will be delivered between 10:30 and 14:30).On Saturday we waited and waited and waited until 14:25 and rang their "Delivery Helpline" about the delivery.For the next few hours at least 5/6 times, nothing from them whatsoever.No feedback or anything information if they are going to deliver the item at all.Around 20:30 we eventually got a phone call from the "Delivery Helpline" to say that the driver will be in touch sometime either way.At 20:55 the driver rang to say that they will not be delivering after all today and will be tomorrow, but don't know when.On Sunday around 09:00 I rang the "Delivery Helpline", still no more information about when my delivery is going to come, except that the driver will be ring 1/2 hour before the delivery is due.At round 10:30 the 2 white goods arrived, but there was no phone call from any body.The driver and his mate weren’t going to deliver as my garden gate wasn't big enough for the "box" to get through. I had to give them permission to open the box before they are willing to deliver in to the house.Finally with my owe hand and a bit of "manpower" they are now in the house.Normally I would have tip the driver and his mate, but on this occasion. Not that it was really their fault, but the whole experience is just not one I wish on anybody.On top of that we have already “paid” over £70 (delivery charges) for this nightmare experience already.In context we have had a number of deliveries over the past 2 weeks from various suppliers and had no problems, including a very large (quantity) one from IKEA.

Jim Wong ● 6161d6 Comments