Have just spotted a new fishmonger that is due to open on Northfields High Street soon...i for one am very excited, all we need now is a charity hop and then I think we will have a very fine high street!
sheetal shah ● 6158d12 Comments
Whereabouts? I mainly shop in West Ealing where we have a fantastic fishmongers that does a wide range of fish and shellfish. Always very helpful and very reasonable.It is nice to see a traditional shop opening up.
J Smith ● 6158d
James Goodden ● 6158d
Yes we received a flyer today it's called Poisson and is opening at 11am on Tuesday 1st December. It's going to be a great addition to Northfields Avenue. I think we should all support it as much as we can it's shops just like this that Northfields needs to hang on to and use regularly, don't you think?
Elaine Wong ● 6157d
No, you haven't used the fishmongers yet!
G Lord ● 6157d
What a terrible name for a food shop.... poison!!
Tony Luckhurst ● 6157d
Poisson - sounds a bit up market to me - what would the greengrocer's be called - Legumes?
J Smith ● 6157d
Oooo...........exciting. There was a fab fish shop in South Ealing when I was a child and I remember they would chop up live eels if you ordered them As a gory infant, I loved it.......not sure I would now.We should start a campaign for a good greengrocer now too...then we'd have the full compliment of food shops and won't need Tesco anymore !! Hurray
Penny Crocker ● 6157d
..... so long as they don't behave as if it's still 1954 and have half-day closing one day a seek and pack up at 4 pm the rest of the week. (viz. certain otherwise fantastic fishmonger in Pittshanger, local butchers etc).I can never decide what to make for the family dinner until about 4.30-5 pm and by the time i go up the road to buy something to cook they've all shut up shop so i have to trek back home and drive to Waitrose.
David Dix ● 6157d
It was about 1968 actually but I know what you mean !
The fishmongers opposite Ealing Common Station is a bit like that - opening hours seem to be whatever the whim of that particular day is
Trizia Fiorellino ● 6157d
and the ealing common one looks really unappealing with all the fish still in the polystyrene freezer boxes.Must say I'm a big C-fresh (West Ealing) fan. Have been for years. and the wonderful stall at the farmers' market on a saturday too. I wish they could be there all week.
Have to admit this Fishmongers is fantastic - can't fault them. The fish is so fresh - I've never had a bad piece from them. The shellfish is also very good and the people there very helpful especially if you are a bit squeamish about dispatching a crab or lobster!Never tried the fish stall in the farmer's market though, but can tell they are there though wheh I walk past!