Well the steroid injection I had did help but not for long. I, too was told to go back after a month or so if the pain was still there which I eventually did after about 6 months or so. I wore the wrist barce - not very pretty to look at, but they do help to a certain degree.I had the oepration as I was sick and tired of not being able to pick things up, the pain and the lack of movement. The whole procedure took about 20 mins under a local anaesthetic. I had about a month or so where I couldn't drive, a few days of not being able to get dressed without help, but it was worth it as my hand is a lot better, not 100% but 97%.I heard horror stories about the operation as well and can say that the 20 or so people who had their hands operated on at the same time as me did not have any complications.THe only drawback I do have since the op is that I can't carry heavy bags of shopping anymore.
J Smith ● 6149d