Myself and some friends are thinking of joining the Ealing WI in the New Year. And before we do so, I was wondering if anyone has any feedback or experience of this group?
Shao-ying Ben-nathan ● 6118d6 Comments
I was thinking of joining the WI too! I'll be interested to see what others have to add to this thread!
Samantha Tubbritt ● 6117d
oohhh, err,,,,,bakewells or sunflowers??
David Archer ● 6117d
David beat me to it. I was going to post saying I had not seen either calendar or jam.
Graham Weeks ● 6117d
Womens Institute? It all a bit sexist isn't it? It's probably illegal to have such a restricted memebership organisation these days surely.Why not join your local residents' group instead? You'll find men and women to talk to, work with and in some cases make jam with.
Eric Alan Leach ● 6115d
I second that Eric! If you are interested in jam/chutney making and all things Abundant such as picking fruit then please let me know. West Ealing Neighbours are planning expansion of our Abundance project in 2010 and are likely to get some money off the council to enable us to do this. It involves the local community and also aids the local community so I think that ticks some WI boxes!
Diane Gill ● 6114d
Wot fun!! I have seen Calendar Girls twice and can highly recommend this to all - one male pensioner was dragged along by his wife and was heartly cheered up! - he had no idea what he was being taken to see and saw far more than he bargined for. Here's for home baking and jam making and knitting and all the other things we would all love to make time for......(or maybe had the skills for) Good Luck to you and maybe one day I might join too.....
Julia Lewis ● 6109d