Misleading Adverts by Supermarkets???
Why do supermarkets advertise a 'Special Offer' when it is obviously not available instore?This has happened on a number of occasions, the stores get away with it by mentioning in very small print 'subject to availability' at the bottom of the advert!Yesterday my husband and I went to Asda, North Acton, after reading an advert in the Daily Mail regarding 'Fusion Blades - 4 for £5.00' of course when you get to the checkout they know nothing of the advert and the item comes up at the normal price!Recently we went to Lidl to get ink for the computer, again on a special offer. They didn't even have the item in any of their stores because a friend went around to different branches to check.I think these stores just print adverts to get people into their stores hoping they will spend money on other items. Perhaps the staff get first choice when special offers come in so the customer has no chance!I seem to remember that Morrisons were doing the same thing and when forum members went to the store there were no such offers available!
Jean F Fernandez ● 6087d2 Comments