Tesco direct - NOT recommended!
I too had problems with Tesco direct (just read an earlier post) and will never darken their door again. I ordered a TV online, made payment; delivery arranged for 2 days' hence. Waited in all day (they only give a day, not am/pm). They phoned me at 7.20pm on delivery day (20 minutes after their 'day' had finished) to tell me the item was out of stock and they would refund my money. I'd been trying to ring them but the line was continually engaged.I was furious having spent the whole day at home but their argument was 'you're getting a refund, what's the problem?'. I emailed customer services who were really not interested and sent their stock 'pacifying' response.I don't understand why the stock system of a major retailer didn't just say 'sold out' rather than allow me to order. Got a nice TV from Curry's a day later. Two friends now also have the same TV from Curry's (which means tesco missed out on at least three sales in my small circle of friends). Good. No more than they deserve. Price isn't everything.
Lynn Clements ● 6081d3 Comments