The surpising Mr. Pound
I received this email for The Spectator Debate Series.'The Anglican Communion is deeply, and perhaps irrevocably, split, and the Catholic Church is offering a berth to any Anglican who wants to convert. In this year of the Pope’s visit, is it time for England to become a Catholic country again?FOR the motion:• Cardinal Cormac Murphy O’Connor, Archbishop Emeritus of Westminster• Piers Paul Read, author•Dom Antony Sutch, parish priest of St Benets Catholic ChurchAGAINST the motion:• Lord Harries of Pentregarth, former Bishop of Oxford• Stephen Pound, MP• Matthew Parris, journalist and broadcasterAnglicans and Catholics battle it out in a Spectator debate chaired by Andrew Neil, at the Royal Geographical Society,1 Kensington Gore, London SW7 between 6.45pm and 8.30pm.Ticket priced at £30'AFAIK the only Anglican above is Lord Harries. I am fascinated at the prospect of my MP opposing his church's Archbishop Emeritus. I wonder why? But not enough to pay £30 to hear the answer.
Graham Weeks ● 6066d0 Comments