Thank you DarrenPlease persuade your friends and contacts to vote for me. Together we cam make a real change for our communities. If I was in this for personal glory, I would have willingly accepted the invitations by Labour, Conservatives and Libdems to be their Parliamentary candidate. Given their massive funding and political network, I could have easily won and become a junior minister. However, I refused because I did not want to be used as window dressing. Yes, in her resignation letter last summer, the former Minister for Europe Caroline flint said Gordon Brown used women for window dressing! If they can use a white middle class woman for window dressing, what would they do for a black man?Mr Brown’s insulting comments about Mrs Duffy, a long time labour voter who had asked a legitimate question confirmed to me that he also uses the voters for his own selfish political ambition. We need an independent candidate with no ambition for political office to represent Ealing and Acton, and work to improve our communities. I am willing and ready to take that task, having spent more than ten years until last month working as a Parliamentary officer. In effect, I was an Apprentice MP!If my father risked his life and fought for this country during the Second World War as part of the King’s African Rifles (KAR), why can’t I follow that family tradition of selfless service for the great people of this country?
Sam Akaki ● 5996d