As someone who manages buildings for a living, H&S impacts on everything I do. I understand that it is for the protection of all, however, by making it so time-consuming and detailed it negates what it set out to do. DO do ANYHTHING in my industry, even if it is to change the toner cartridge in a photo-copier, or walk to another building, or hoover a carpet - there has to be as a bare minimum a risk assessment - which has to be read and signed by those performing the task, reviewed annually, signed by management and you have to be able to prove your staff have read and are adhearing to the associated method statement. So we in management check that our staff are performing their duties in accordance with the RAMS, then our company employ a whole department to ensure that we have ensured our staff are performing their duties in accordance with the RAMS, then various independant bodies also audit us to ensure that our staff are performing their duties in accordance with the RAMSIts a self pepetuating industry - the HSE have more powers of access that the police.As I said, I know why H&S is important but when it becomes so ridiculously involved people only pay lip service to it so it becomes pointles.
Trizia Fiorellino ● 5977d